Garlic is not only used in food, it is also used to prevent hair loss, as garlic contains antimicrobial and antifungal substances that promote growth, and you can also learn about its other benefits for hair. Follow us to learn more about the benefits of garlic to prevent hair loss.
Garlic contains a variety of vitamins (B-6) and minerals (such as manganese and selenium), which can promote hair growth. Its natural properties help kill and fight bacteria, helping to keep the scalp healthy.
A 2016 study found that garlic promotes the growth of keratinocytes (the cells that produce keratin in the skin) in the hair. Especially on the scalp and hair follicles. Another study found that garlic reduced baldness caused by alopecia areata.
Benefits of garlic for hair loss
Garlic has many health benefits for hair, including:
- the garlic It is rich in minerals such as calcium, zinc and sulphur, which are essential for hair growth.
- Antibacterial and helps kill bacteria that can damage the scalp and prevent hair growth.
- The selenium content in garlic helps to stimulate blood circulation, to increase the absorption of nutrients
- It can purify and strengthen hair follicles, prevent clogging and reduce hair loss.
- Helps relieve scalp aggravation and treat dandruff
- Garlic contains vitamin C, which is good for hair health, stimulates collagen production and promotes hair growth.
Prepare a garlic mask
There are many hair care products with garlic and essential oils on the market, but you can easily prepare them at home, here’s what you need:
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- Fork, garlic press or blender
- Small frying pan
Follow these steps to prepare:
- Crush the garlic with a fork, garlic press or blender
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat and add the garlic when the oil is hot.
- Stir garlic into pot until fragrant
- We remove the pot from the heat and let it cool
- Pour the mixture into a colander and discard the pulp
- Store the oil in a glass container (glass can make the mixture last longer).
Follow the steps below to use the mixture:
- Massage two tablespoons of oil into the scalp.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and wait 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo
- Repeat twice a week for best results.