Causes of tooth decay and ways to prevent it
causes of tooth decay, Above the teeth is a layer called tooth enamel that protects the teeth and protects them from tooth decay, but if attention is not paid to cleaning the teeth, this layer erodes, weakens the teeth and develops tooth decay. the pain of decay, but with the passage of time you will suffer from a severe toothache.
Causes of tooth decay
- Lack of interest in brushing your teeth contributes to tooth decay.
- Eating large amounts of sweets and sugar while not brushing your teeth helps tooth decay very quickly.
- There are some diseases that help increase the likelihood of caries, such as reflux in the esophagus, dry mouth or stomach ulcers..
- Improper teeth brushing.
- Malnutrition and lack of calcium in the body contribute to weak teeth.
Symptoms of tooth decay
- Mild or severe pain, depending on the percentage of decay.
- Allergy to some foods, especially sweets, hot foods, and ice cream.
- The presence of holes in the teeth affected by decay.
- A change in the color of the decayed tooth.
- Pain while chewing or biting food.
- Erosion of parts of the teeth and as a result, food gets stuck in the teeth.
- Infection of the gums with abscess under the lessons and teeth.
Tips to prevent tooth decay
- It is preferable to pay attention to eating foods rich in calcium, such as milk and all its products.
- Sun exposure because it provides us with vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with toothpaste and after each meal with a toothbrush only.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- You can reduce your intake of sweets and sugars.
- Or you can chew gum or chewing gum, provided it is sugar free, as scientific experiments have proven that it helps to protect the teeth.
- You can also use some natural oils in the mouthwash, such as coconut oil or sesame oil, as they contain antioxidants that help get rid of harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- You can brush your teeth with crushed licorice as it helps to remove bacteria and clean the mouth.
It is necessary to visit the dentist to check the condition of the teeth affected by decay and to treat them by cleaning and filling the affected teeth. remove the tooth infected with tooth decay in case of inability to treat it.